Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Jane in June: First Impressions

In this post I'm going to talk about Pride and Prejudice. This is part of the read-along hosted by Misty. Every Wednesday we leave our impressions about what we've read until now.This week, we talk about our first impressions and the chapters from 1 to 17 of the book.

This is the second time I've read Pride and Prejudice. The first time was 10 years ago and it was in Spanish, so now I wanted to give it  a try in English. Jane Austen has written several books but Pride and Prejudice is the only book I've finished. I tried other books, this time in English: Emma and Mansfield Park, but I found them complicated because of the vocabulary.

Now  I'm reading Pride and Prejudice for the second time, I like it. It's as if I was reading a new book because I don't remember many parts of the book. Although I know what it is going to happen at the end of the book I didn't remember how funny and entertaining it was. I am enjoying so much. I like the way Elizabeth is, so witty, but I don't like when Mr. Darcy, Miss Bingley and Elizabeth have discussions about things such as Mr Darcy's personality.

Elizabeth is my favourite character because she is very interesting, nice and very intelligent. She is not very interested in love and likes reading. Besides, I like Mr Bennet. I like the way he is. He is very intelligent and he is teasing Mrs Bennet. I think he's funny. 

I like Mr Bingley. I think he cares about Jane Bennet but I think he's a bit dull. I like Mr Darcy because he is deep but I think he is soooo conceited. I would kill him sometimes hahahaha. I think Mr Wickham is nice and Mr Collins is a bit dull although I think he's nice.

In the case of Mrs Bennet, I like her but I think sometimes Mrs Bennet wants her daughters  to marry to someone too much. I think she made a mistake when she sent Jane to Netherfiel in bad weather. Jane could die only because Mrs Bennet wanted to marry her daughter to Mr Bingley. I totally understand why Elizabeth goes to the house. She is worried about her sister. When Elizabeth and Jane have to stay in the house, I think Mr Bingley is very nice and he really cares about Jane, but the rest, they are so mean and conceited.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're enjoying it in English! Hope there's not too much of a language barrier, I know it can be hard enough for native English speakers to understand the old language used. But once you get used to that --- I don't see how anyone could NOT like it!
    Thanks for joining, can't wait to see your thoughts on part 2!

    ReplyDelete