Monday, July 25, 2011

It's Monday! What are you reading?

Hi! One week more in which I share with you what books I read last week, what I'm reading and I want to read next.


Last week I finished 2 books. One was Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. I heard of this book in one of Misty's posts and I wanted to give it a try. I liked it, it reminded me of Twilight though, but Grace's story I really liked it. I liked the idea of two people telling the story. Some chapters are told by Grace's point of view and others from Sam's point of view. It's well-written and entertaining. I recommend it. I also finished Logicomix a graphic novel which talks about mathematical logic. It sounds boring but in this novel it isn't. I liked so much the book that I read in one day.It's well written and well-explained. It tells the life of Bertrand Russell and through his life we are explained mathematical login since the Aristotle times until the second world war. It's a very good book. I highly recommend it.

Now, I'm reading Linger by Maggie Stiefvater. It's a bit disappointing with respect to the first part. I'm a bit tired of the story and in the first part something is happening but in this part I don't see anything mysterious. I don't know. Let's we'll see. I am also reading Looking for Alaska by John Green. Anne recommended it in her blog. I decided to buy some books and I included this one. So far, I don't regret it because it's a very good book. I love it. Thanks Anne. Since I like languages, I've started the book A l'ami qui ne m'a pas sauvé la vie by Hervé Guibert . It talks about AIDS. The author discovers he is infected. It's really sad but I like it. I heard about this author thanks to Sophie Calle, the  French writer and photographer. In one of her books, Exquisite pain which I recommend, tells a reporter called Hervé Guilbert stole one of her photographs. I decided to look for this guy and read one of his books. I'm also reading Howards End. I like it so far. I read at university A room with a view and I didn't like it but this one is really good. I enjoyed it. I am still reading the adventures of Miranda France as a student in Spain in Don Quixote's delusions. I'd have liked if she had written more about Cervantes more than her life in her Spanish apartment. In addition, I'm reading a book about Digital photograph. I want to do better pictures.


 Next, I want to read 1Q84 by Kashuo Ishiguro since I enjoyed much reading What I talk about when I talk about running, Solar by Ian McEwan which I think it's interesting and the 4 books in the 1920s omnibus by Agatha Christie: The secret adversary, The man in the brown suit, The secret of chimneys and The secret dials of mystery, not necessarily in that order.




This is me, but what are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment