Monday, October 17, 2011

It's Monday! What are *you* reading?

                                           hosted by: Book Journey


One more week and this is what I read last week, what I'm reading right now and what I intend to read next.

Last week I finished 4 books:

                         - The arrival by Shaun Tan. I tried this one because I heard of this author in Anne's blog . I saw the pictures and I loved them, so when I went to the library I looked for Shaun Tan's book and I found this one. It's only drawings, there isn't a word written on it, but it's so well done that you don't need it. I want to try other books by the same author. It's a very good option! :)

                        -  The housekeeper and the professor by Yoko Ogawa. I liked the book very much at first  but later I was a little disappointed. I liked the story but I didn't like when the main character talks about Maths or baseball. I am not very good at maths and I am not very interested in sports.

                        -  The invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick. I loooove this book and I've become a huge fan of Brian Selznick. I really enjoyed reading it. I recommend to read this book because it's very peculiar and good.  The book is a mix of drawings, which are really really really good, and writing. Brian Selznick does both things very well. 

Here I leave you:

the Brian Selznick's web link  http://www.theinventionofhugocabret.com/index.htm
where you can find the first pages of The invention of Hugo and the trailer of the movie has made based on the book, among other things. The director of the film is Martin Scorsese! :O

In this blog you'll find an interview of Brian Selznick. I really liked hearing him  talking about The invention of Hugo and other books. He speaks very well, he explains very well and he's nice.He speaks 20 minutes and you don't get tired :)

                        - Bake sale by Sara Varon. Wow another amazing book! At first, I was disappointing but little by little I got more and more interested. I didn't want to finish it :( I like Sara Varon writes and draws but the most important thing, she shares recipes. Now, I really want to try some and re-read the book :)

Now I'm reading 4 books:

                        - The map of the time by Félix J. Palma. This book is taking me a lot of time but it worths it. I like the story but it's a bit long. I wish the book had been divided in several tomes. 

                        - The symposium by Plato. 

                        - Introduction to Ancient Greece by Francisco Javier Gomez Espelosin.

                        - Forever by Maggie Stiefvater. I really like this book. I was a bit reluctant to read this part because Linger didn't like as much as Shiver but with this book, I'm enjoying very much.  

                      


Next,

                       - Mort by Terry Pratchett. I want to read another book by Terry Pratchett and this one is very appropriate for the month of Halloween. What do you think?

Well, this is me, but what about yours?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read "Forever" but I have it on my coffee table right now. :) Hope you like it!

    http://missourireadings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reading!
    I spent last week rebooting my blog on Wordpress. I hope you will stop by and let me know what you think.
    http://www.escapewithdollycas.com/

    Dollycas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila: yeah! I think he's amazing and now I want to read The lost thing. He's really really good.

    Rachael's reads:I'm enjoying the book so far. I hope you enjoy it too when you read it :)

    Dollycas: yes,of course, I'm going to take a look right away.

    ReplyDelete