Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Top Ten Books To Read During Halloween

                                     hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish

I've seen in several blogs the topic  what to read in Halloween so that gives me some time to look for books in my bookcases related to this day. What I've found is this:

1.- Mort by Terry Pratchett. I think this is not a scary story but it's related to Halloween because the main character is death. I haven't read yet so I'm not sure about that but I believe that t deserves to give it a try :)

2.- The picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. I think this book is just the opposite to Mort. It's not exactly related to Halloween but it contains a scary story. I don't sure about that since I haven't read yet, but I think it's a good election for Halloween night.

3.- Something wicked this way comes by Ray Bradbury. I think I nailed it with this election. I think it's very very appropriated to this night because I think it's a scary story with strange characters (not sure about that) which happens in Halloween. Well, I think I choose the perfect moment to read. What you think?

4.- The turn of the Screw by Henry James. I've read this story before and I think Halloween is good day to re-read it. I don't remember very much about this story but it's scary for sure.

5.- The witches by Roald Dahl. I read this story when I was a child and I'll tell you it really scared me. I checked for some time if women around me were witches or not. I can assure you that none of them were. Later in my life I've found several ;) Well, now, I possess a copy in English, so I have the opportunity to re-read it and learn English in that special night :)

6.- Coraline by Neil Gaiman. In this case, I have already read the story which it scared much more than The witches and I was older. This is a very good option for Halloween because everything is dark and scary. I love it.

7.- Juniper Berry by Kozlowsky. Similar to Coraline but less scary. Strange things happen and a very intelligent girl has to solve them. I think it's appropriate for this night.

8.- Anya's ghost by Brosgol. Very good book with a ghost. Strange things happens in this book too in a normal life. Very appropriate too for this event.

9.- The last book I've chosen is Hallowe'en party by Agatha Christie. A murder happens in a Halloween party (well, it's what I think because of the tittle although I haven't read this book yet). I don't know it's very scary but I like the idea of things happens the same day I'm reading it :)


Well, this is my list. What about yours?


2 comments: