Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Top Ten Books I Think Would Make Great Book Club Picks

                                               hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish

Hi everybody!!! :)

Today it's about What ten books I think would make great book club picks. Since there are such great books out there, it's really really hard for me to choose only 10. For this reason, I'm going to put twelve and I think that I'm leaving some good books indeed.

Here is my list:

1.- Anna and the French kiss by Stephanie Perkins. This book is the perfect pick because everybody loves it :)

2.- An abundance of Katherines by John Green. Deep , smart and funny book. I think John Green is a very good author so I would definitely choose this one for book club :)

3.- Wuthering heights by Emily Brontë. A classic is always a good option. I really liked this book: the story was brilliant. I couldn't put it down until I finished it. Great book!

4.- Brooklyn  Follies by Paul Auster. One of my favourite books. Paul Auster takes us to his amazing world. Always a pleasure to read him.

5.- The sisterhood of the travelling pants by Ann Brashares. A recent discover that everybody would enjoy it. The story is very good and it covers many topics. I think it's a perfect pick.

6.- Paranormalcy by Kiersten White. I think maybe this book doesn't like to everybody but it's so so funny.

7.- Clockwork angel by Cassandra Clare. I really enjoy reading this book although I don't like reading series much. I love the mix between adventure and romance.

8.- Ender's game by Orson Scott Card. I choose this one because I love it and because it's a gender that I'm not very familiar with, science fiction. So, I'd like to have a mix of genders.

9.- The vanishing by Katherine Linden. This one is great book. I couldn't barely stop reading it. It's a mystery about where Katherine Linden went. I really enjoyed it and if I had to organise a book club, this one would be the perfect pick.

10.- Never let me go by Kazuo Ishiguro. For this one I have strong feelings. I liked soooooo much and it's so well-written and the story was sooo good that it would be unforgivable not to put it in this list.

11.- Delirium by Lauren Oliver. This one contains a very strange story, very unusual, at least at the moment I read it. I really like Lauren Oliver's works.

12.- Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. Although I don't really love the rest books in the series, this is one was really cool. I really enjoyed reading it, so I think it would be good to pick it.

well, this is my long list. What's yours?





4 comments:

  1. Love this list because there are quite a few books on it that I've either read and loved, like Paranormalcy, or have been meaning to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree about Anna and the French Kiss! This book was so adorable! :) <3 Great list Leela! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list. Wuthering Heights is a nice addition. Thanks for the suggestions.
    New follower.

    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews
    My Top Ten...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya: They are great books and most of them I knew because of people recommended them in their blogs :) Paranormalcy is great, isn't it?

    Nea: yeeeees! Anna and the French kiss is really great. Now I order Lola and the boy next door. People say it's great too so now I can't wait to have in my hands :)

    FABR Steph: yes, I really enjoyed reading it and thanks to join :)

    ReplyDelete