Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October TBR: how I did it




Hi everyone!!! :)

Today I want to share with you the books I managed to read in October. This meme is hosted as always by Misty from The Book Rat.

These are the books that I wanted to read this month










And these are the books which I manage to read. I've read a lot thanks to Dewey's marathon. I can't wait to have the next one in April.

 I like it this one because I learned a lot about the underground of London. It took me some time to finish it because I'm not get used to reading non-fiction.









This book was OK. I loved Lapinot series very much and I highly recommend it, but this one left me a bit indifferent although some parts were very funny.


I've picked up this one because it was about the dreams of famous people such as Dedalus. My disappointment came when I discovered that the dreams were made up by the author. Apart from that, I liked some dreams, but not all.

I've seen this book in my library and I wasn't really interested in it. Then I saw in a blog that somebody (sorry, I can't remember the name of the blog :(, but many thanks for posting it) liked the books, so I gave it a try and OMG I really really enjoyed this book. I read it in one day. I love it.







As the rest of the book in the series, I found some parts very funny and interesting and other parts a little boring. Anyway, I can't wait to read the next one in the series :)

I read the books for the read-a-thon because they are graphic novels and you can read them very quickly, but apart from that they are very very funny, you can easily find identified by the characters, and it's clear that Maitena worked very hard on them.



 




I also read this one for the read-a-thon because it was only 100 pages, but the book impressed me very much because it's very peculiar. I hadn't read anything by Richard Bach, but from now on I'm going to find books by them because I really loved this book.









I read the 2 books, but I have to tell that I enjoyed more with Alice in wonderland than Through the looking-glass. I don't know why, maybe it's because there are many songs in the second book.



As happen to me with Out of my mind, this book surprised me. It was nothing what I expected to be. At first, it took me some time to get into the story, but then I loved it.


David Safier is definitely one of my favorite authors.I love all his stories and he always makes me think, but specially laugh. If you feel down, this book is perfect to cheer you up! :)











Well, this is me, but what about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment