Saturday, November 3, 2012

Saturday quote




Hi everyone!!! :)

Today I want to share with you a line which I've found in Love, again by Doris Lessing. Although I haven't read many book by this author, this one was a very peculiar read.

Here is the line:

             "We know what we are, but know not what we may be"

I totally agree with this. I think, if I understand this correctly, that we have a potential that we are not using and if we do, I believe, we'll be able to do great thinks :)

It's funny, but when I was looking for a possible translation of this sentence (I'm sorry I read the book in Spanish, so the quote was written in Spanish) I found that there is a similar quote which Will Shakespeare wrote in the play Hamlet, so now I'm not totally sure if the sentence was originally written by Doris Lessing or Shakespeare. Anyhow, I think the sentence is very interesting and make me think about how a person can do anything as long as he or she wants.

Well, this is me, but what about you? Do you have an interesting quote? 

No comments:

Post a Comment