Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wednesdays of review

Hi everyone!!! :)

Today I want to share my thoughts of this book


This is my first read in the challenge

The Christmas spirit reading challenge

                    hosted by: True Book Addict at The Christmas Spirit blog


MY REVIEW:

The author: Charles Dickens is one of the most acclaimed authors in the world and no wonder why. Charles Dickens died in 1870 and his books are still sold in every country. Now that I read this book this doesn't surprise me at all. I think his writings will survive for at least another 100 years more.

The story: It's about a man who is very greedy and unkind has the visit of three ghost who show him his past, his present and his future.

My thoughts: At first, this book surprised me a lot because I didn't expect to find what I did in this book.

I really loved the atmosphere which Dickens presents in this book. On the one hand, you find the typical Christmas day where people sing Carols, wander in the streets and go to their family's houses to have dinner with them. That’s why it is so appropriated to read at this time of the year. On the other hand, there is a gothic  atmosphere when the ghosts visit Scrooge which is a little creepy and I also loved.

Besides, the ideas on the book have never gone out of fashion. The book teaches you to want to change your life to be a better person and be happy.

Unfortunately, at some point the vocabulary was so hard for me to understand that I've finished reading  it in Spanish. Anyway, I enjoyed it.

To Sum Up: I think this read is perfect to get into the Christmas spirit because it happens at Christmas, but also because when you finish it you want to be better with the others and change your life to be happy.

Well, this is me, but what about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment