Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wednesday of review: Head over heels by Jill Shalvis

How would you feel if you love making illegal things and at the same time you fell in love with the sheriff of the town?

Well, this is what happens to the main character of this book

Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) 

What is it about? Chloe is a woman who loves breaking the law. She loves taking risk and she likes to have an unconventional life. But when sheriff of the town, Sawyer, is around she doesn't know what to do. She wants to be free and she isn't ready to settle into a quiet life, but she wants to be mature and thinking about the future.

                                   MY THOUGHTS ABOUT THIS BOOK

What I liked: I loved the relationship between Chloe and Sawyer. I think it's the best romance in the series. They are great together and from outside I picture them as a nice and cute couple. I think they support each other and they are a great team.

Recently, I'm reading a lot of YA books and all the time the main character is 16 years old and you see her/his life according to that age. Since I have thirty-something it's great to read about people who are more or less your age and with "similar" problems to yours.

Chloe is really funny, especially when she asks things to the ball 8. In that moments I've laughed a lot.

What I didn't like: maybe the rest of the story apart from the romance. The romance was good, but the rest of the stories about the sisters and people of Lucky Harbour, although I liked it, I wasn't interested in them.

Best scene: When Chloe has just had an asthma attack and Sawyer goes over to see how she is. He enters in her room and he sees her while she's sleeping. I don't want to give more details, but I find this scene cute and funny.

Best quote: "Just because you're unconventional doesn't mean you're not a grown woman" Sawyer said to Chloe.

Overall: I really enjoyed the book. One more time Jill Shalvis hasn't let me down. She writes great stories with adorable characters. Two Thumbs Up! :)

Soo, what do you think of this book? Do you want to give it a go? Have you read it? Did you like it? Let me know in the comments! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment