Sunday, June 30, 2013

Let's recap: Books i read in June

Hi everyone!! :)

This month I have decided not to make a video. They take me a lot of time and I haven't figure out how to edit them yet, so I thought to give me some time.

Anyway, here they are the books I read (for more detail about my thoughts about them scroll down)

El rayo que no cesaAir Ferrets AloftReady Player OneBed of Roses (Bride Quartet #2)Where the Wild Things AreSavor the Moment (Bride Quartet, #3)Happy Ever After 


El rayo que no cesa (The ray which doesn't stop) by Miguel Hernandez. I liked the book, but I didn't love it. I expected more since I have a great experience reading the poems by Gloria Fuertes. In this case, I loved the love poems, but I couldn't understand what he meant in the rest of the poems. I felt that something was missinf or I hadn't the required information.

Air ferrets aloft by Richard Bach. I really loved this book. It's was lovely and entertaining. it was a pity the book didn't explain more about the love story and about another story, but that made me want to read the next book in the series :)

Ready Player one by Ernest Cline. OMG I haven't words to explain this book. It's true that I had to force to read it because I thought it deserved to be read and fortunately I was right! :D It was amazing. when I finished reading it I was speechless. It was great and if you like video games you're going to love it.

Bed of roses by Nora Roberts. I really loved this book. It was amazing. At first I thought the main character, Emma, was annoying and a daydreamer, but it was just at the beginning because after a chunk of pages, you see she has changed and although she believes in love, she doesn't believe in Prince Charming. I really really enjoyed with this book. i highly recommend it. 

Where the wild things are by Maurice Sendak. The other day was the anniversary of Sendak's death, so I decided to look for this book in the library. It was a quick read because it's for children although it disappointed me a bit. I expected the story a bit longer and it explained a bit more. 

Savour the moment by Nora Roberts. I really loved this book too, but I think I loved more Bed of roses. In this book I loved the two main characters. I think Del is really sweet and I really loved the idea of two people who are friends since forever falling in love. 

Happy ever after by Nora Roberts. Maybe this book was the book which I liked the least and I think it's for two reason. First it was the only one I read in English and since the vocabulary I was lost sometimes and second because I don't like Malcolm much. I don't like the bad boy even though this one is a good man and how he treated Parker. But anyway I enjoyed this book very much and I totally recommend this series if you want to read something funny and light. Definitely a summer read!

Well, these are the books. Share with me yours! :)

2 comments: