Friday, October 2, 2015

Banned books that I have read and I would recommend to you

 


Hi everyone!!! :)

I hope you are well.

This week is the Banned Book Week and  I want to recommend you some of my favourite banned books.  

3149348 
Animal Farm by George Orwell. This book was an interesting take about government, democracy and leadership. I really liked how George Orwell explained the whole thing and how you can easily apply to the world today. It's a pity that somebody who really likes this author and this topic can't put his/her hands on this book.






693208 
The absolute true diary of part time Indian by Sherman Alexie. This one was an interesting read for me and changed the way I think about Indians in North America. It opened my mind and made me understand situations that, since I live far away from the place, I couldn't understand otherwise.







991197 

Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi. This book is one of my favourite books. I liked how she explained the situation in Iran. I didn't know much about it and she did a great job for people like me understood it. I didn't like it just only because of history, but also her journey and how she dealed with the situations she had to face.





231804 

The outsiders by S.E. Hinton. I don't remember much about this book. I remember feelings. This book is part of my life, part of me and even I know I'm not going to re-read it, it has a place in my heart. I remember crying, nodding and loving it.






13436373 

Drama by Raina Telgemeier. Really? This book? I really loved this book because she is not the kind of girl who falls for a guy and she forgets who she is and who she really wants. I really liked that about the book. She always was thinking about herself and she was a good leader. She was a strong girl who did the best for her. 






BONUS TRACK

344189 

Where's Waldo? by Martin Handford. Really? This book was one of my favourite books. I think it's really cool to look for this guy in different places like Egypt or the space. It opens your mind.







My take on this: I totally understand that parents don't want their children read something inappropiated for their age, but what I don't understand is why you have to ban the books. Tell the teachers and your children that they are too young to read that, but not ban all the world to read books that are amazing and make you grow up as a person.






No comments:

Post a Comment