Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Happy Birthday, Jane Austen! + review

Hi everyone!!! :)

I hope you are very well and today I want to wish Jane Austen a happy birthday.
Jane Austen
This day, 240 years ago, Jane Austen was born and to celebrate it, let's talk about one of her books: Lady Susan.

91582 


Lady Susan is about a woman, Lady Susan, who is tired of living in London and decides to go to visit to her husband's family. She is a widower who really likes manipulating people to take what she thinks is right for her.





My thoughts about this book.

First of all I didn't want to read this book because I had the impression that this one was incomplete. I think I heard that because this one was found between her papers after her death and there was no title on this work. It was (if I remember correctly) her nephew who put this title on it. But I saw a booktuber talking about it because she really liked it, so I decided to give it a go.

One thing I really liked about this book was the fact that even though this book was written long time ago the characters are not out-dated. You can easily recognize them, you know people like them.

Another thing that I really liked it was that this book was easy to read. The book is a compilation of letters that characters send to each other and you can read them now and then. The book is also very short (150 pages) and you can read it in just one day.

Something that I didn't like was that sometimes was difficult to follow because I didn't remember who was who and I tended to mix up characters. People who shared surnames, but they weren't in reality sharing blood, confused me.

Overall, I liked this book and I had a great time reading it.

If you want to read more Jane Austen's book, please check it out this one because it's a good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment