Saturday, June 16, 2012

Book chat: Under-Rated and Under-Known Books

Hi everyone!!! :)

Today I want to talk about under-rated and under-known books. As always book chat is hosted by Misty from The book rat.

It seems that sometimes you find there are some books that you find very interesting, but or nobody knows them or they don't seem to catch the attention of people although they are pretty good. This is the case of the books I am going to share with next.  Most of them are well-known, but I find that they are underrated and I don't know why.  Most of them are made film, but still I don't find people very exciting about them.

Here is my list.

I found in Reclusive Bibliophile blog the post If you like stories that take place in 24 hours you might like ... and I found this book. I looked on Goodreads and the plot sounded terrific to me. So, the next time I ordered books to Amazon I bought this one. I started reading it and I though: "How good it is, how good it is" I highly recommend to you because it's romantic and funny and while I was reading I clearly pictured myself at that age.
This book was a strange case for me. I thought that maybe it would be the typical story that happens in the summer and the characters promised they would be friends forever and a sort  of adventurous story happened and that is. But no. At first it felt like that but later the author was dug up in topics such as divorce, death, love, sex in a very simple way that made me love this book so much. So don't think this is a book only about four girls spending the summer, it's more than that.


I don't understand why this book has gone unnoticed. It's very very peculiar and you don't know what it¡s all about until the end. I hope you consider read this book because it's strange and it's deep and thoughtful. It's well-written and the main character is really great.







I know the TV show True blood is very famous, but when I watched the show it didn't appeal to me at all. I don't know why I decided to read it in the first place, but I bought the book and started reading. OMG! I could barely put it down. I didn't expect that it was so gripping and it was about a waitress with a gift and there were all this passion and sex. That surprises a lot to me.


I love Safier's books and I think they are not well-known. I love because they are very, very funny. You start reading them and you can't basically stop reading them because they are very entertaining.
Every time I hear the name Daniel Defoe it's always linked to Robison Crusoe. I know it's his best work, but I think Moll Flanders deserves more attention. It's an interesting read about a woman who has to go through a lot of pain. She has to survive by herself and I think she is very brave and clever. Love it.
This is one of a series of comics written by Lewis Trondheim. I love these comics because they are very funny and entertaining. I love all the characters but specially Lapinot, which is the rabbit you see on the front page.

I HIGHLY recommend them. They are really good.

Here I leave the titles. You can click on them and they led to Goodreads page and you can see what the books are about:

- Slaloms (Les formidables aventures de Lapinot)
- Blacktown (Les formidables aventures de Lapinot #1)
- Pichenettes (Les formidables aventures de Lapinot # 2)
- Walter (Les formidables aventures de Lapinot # 3)
Amour & Intérim (Les formidables aventures de Lapinot # 4)
- Vacances de printemps (Les formidables aventures de Lapinot # 5)
- Pour de vrai (Les formidables aventures de Lapinot # 6)
- La couleur de l'Enfer (Les formidables aventures de Lapinot # 7)
- La vie comme elle vient (Les formidables aventures de Lapinot # 8)
- L'Accélérateur Atomique(Les formidables aventures de Lapinot # 9)

Well, this is me, but what about you? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment